otrdiena, 2012. gada 3. jūlijs

Make the difference!

Dear Diary,

A while ago I read this book called " A Sister's Promise" by Karen Lanfaster where the main character has this dream about being an artist but she have never pursued it. She is married and has no children. When she goes to visit her husbands parents she learns that his mother used to be an artist but gave it all up to rise her son. When she talks about it with her husband he asks a very simple question that really got under my skin. "What is your excuse?" She didn't had anything to hold her back from her dreams but herself. She chose to never try.
It bothered me- this question. Isn't that we always make some kind of excuses for ourselves? I cannot ride grand prix because I don't have the horse, money, opportunity.. etc. I mean there is so many things we will not have in life. Nothing, after all, comes on a silver plate. Zig Ziglar have once said: "It's not what you've got, it's what you use that makes a difference."
We all have something to start with, maybe you know someone who has horses and need help, maybe you can go and work somewhere for a while gain some experience and later apply to your own work. I mean if you are in the horse world head over heels- then you have at least one thing to start from. Your passion. Take your vision, dream and make it your goal.
Question yourself! Why I'm not as good I wanted to be? Did I do that right? Was that the right move? And don't be afraid to be wrong. Ask yourself why and how I can make it better? What can I do next time to improve my, my horses, my stables performance. If there is something I have learned in these two years then it is that we all have opportunities. It's what we do with them that makes the difference.
I went running last week, I've been running for a while now and I got to my breaking point. The same 6 km I did just week ago were painful and as hard as it could get. But I made it- without stopping. Cannot remember when was the last time I was fighting for something as hard as in that run. Trust me I wanted to quite. But around the 4th km I realized that I will never make it if i will think that I wont. Did I wanted to make it? Hell Yeah! So I changed my thinking. I repeated myself over and over again: "You can do it! Fight for it! You want this!" And I did it.
What I want to say with it is that I used to be the flow. But to get somewhere- YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT for it!

-Emily

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru