trešdiena, 2012. gada 11. jūlijs

Dear Diary,

What I have realized is that most of my posts, well okay, almost all of them are about being happy. How it slowly sneaked up on me. And I feel like I haven't been 100% honest neither with you who reads this nor with myself. Almost nothing in this journey of self-discovery "Just happened"! I have bad days too, painful realizations, kicks in the stomach, shameful experiences. Once in a while something incredible happened and it helped to set things in motion, but so those the bad things.
In all this time I haven't been writing I have been dealing with life's not so pleasant reality. I have been chasing the meaning of life or it was chasing me, depends from which side it looks. So I could confess now...
About the time I went to LV for my vacation and came back home and visited bank to find out how much money I had on my bank account (since I have to start paying for my driver's license) I had to sit on my ass and think about my life. For over 6 months I have been telling everybody that I'm thinking about going to Canada at the end of the year. That's what my 10 year old dream requires.
But to honest I hadn't really started to plan anything. Hadn't started anything or finished for that matter. Something always holds me back. I'm kind a like floating around, thinking that I have a goal to fallow. But do I?
A friend of mine told me that: "Canada it's not a matter of if, it is more like when!" It eased my mind yesterday when I was having a really bad day. I'm starting to wonder that if everything happens for a  reason- why am I still here? When I came to Denmark I came for a half a year and now I've been here soon for two. And in the meantime it grows on me.
Would it be wrong to want to stay longer? Wouldn't I betray my dream?

Emily

1 komentārs:

  1. I think you wouldn't. Yes, life goes on and your dreams tend to change, but not this one, you wanted it for over 10 years and you will see it become reality no matter what. There is nothing wrong with enjoying life or wanting to stay in Denmark longer because in the end, when you feel ready for it you will make this decision and you will go the extra mile in order to achieve it. Don't look at others, they will only get you down. I believe in you, I know you can do this. You just need a little more time.... So kick your butt and come up with a good plan, stick with it and you will be in Canada in no time.
    Love, Linda.

    AtbildētDzēst