trešdiena, 2012. gada 25. aprīlis

Perfect matches


Dear Diary,



I was thinking about matchmaking today. In equine world there are many different combinations of matches. The rider and horse, the boss and employee, Groom and rider. We all want to find that perfect horse where it just goes. Frankly it doesn’t always happen therefore we have adapted- we have learned to do it anyway and somehow find a way. I’m not saying we shouldn’t but some pairs work together better than others and thank God for that otherwise we wouldn’t have marriages. What I’m trying to say is that this matchmaking goes pretty much for everything.
I have groomed for few riders and I have seen my fare share of horses to know that no matter how good you are there are couples who beats the forces of nature. What one can do easily other can’t. It reminds me of two young geldings we had few years ago when I still owned my horse and from time to time helped out my trainer. My trainer couldn’t put anything on one of them when I never ever had a problem and it went otherwise with the other gelding. I don’t think I remember one time I could get a head collar on that horses head- my trainer had no problems.
Today I was thinking how easy it goes for me today with my rider. Weather it is a perfect match or he is simply easy going and no one have any problem remains a mystery. But I know that I’m glad to enjoy it and I’m starting to get thirsty to get to some shows. I feel rested and waked up from the winter’s sleep.
And now you: What perfect matches have life handed for you? Has there ever been a horse only you can do something with for no good reason? A rider, maybe?
Picture of The Red cat (a.k.a.Garfield) at my old workplace;)

Emily

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru