pirmdiena, 2012. gada 2. aprīlis

One step at the time...

Dear diary,
So I just finished my second assaignment for school. The task was to write a feature based on the magazine I was analyzing. So I desided to write about something I know really well and people haven't really talked about- therefore work abroad.
I have been living and working as a groom outside my home country for nearly 2 years. And I wonder what happens in our heads? There is a wide set of emotions we get to go through every day. What is the difference between me back in 2010 and me today?
2 years ago I was that shy girl who get to be tossed around in the stables and not fully trusted. I slaved my ass off. I spend 2 long months patiently keeping my mouth shut. Grooming then was everything I imagined it NOT to be. Now imagine my dissapointment! But I wasn't to give up.
People sometimes think it is so much different from riding when in reality apple doesn't fall far from the three. Groom has to build his competence and knowlage one step at a time. We have to be patient and we have to take care of everything. I used to think everybody can be a groom but it is far from truth. Today I have worked my way up to a top level stable. And only now I understand that just like your horse wont jump 1.40 m straight away or won't be able to make flying changes on two temps in a split second you wount be trusted and coun't as a professional. You will have to work your ass off. The same way we all do. And there will be sucrifacies But note that in the end it all just pays off.
So I'm good to go and have a nice walk with Happy!:)

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru